Friday, May 16, 2008

The Prince of Narnia

It's bad to ask your mom who is now in her 50s to watch a movie together. Seriously. Trust me, she won't understand what is going on in the story.

Okay, cut to the chase. Today, I finally get to watch my favourite movie! The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian! xD In a small, humble cinema in Metro Prima Jusco, I'm afraid ._.

A truly entertaining 2 1/2 hour movie.

The movie did not originally follow the book's original story plot. But in my opinion, the director, Andrew Adamson had done a marvelous job in determining how the story would go, because I felt that he added a lot of extra improvements but stayed true to the original story itself. The story in the book was a much tamer version, but in the movie, it looks darker, but more dramatic and more exciting. I liked how the movie made Susan to stand out, in the book, Susan wasn't emphasized and wasn't much involved during any battles in the original story. The movie even portrayed the fued between Prince Caspian and Lord Miraz more clearly, but I complement the fact that the director even created a conflict between Peter and Caspian on who should be the leading role.

The music was lovingly done by renowned Harry Gregson Williams again. The special effects made the movie totally exciting to watch. It was a nice 2 1/2 hour movie in fact.

I don't remember the White Witch appeared in any part of Prince Caspian movie though :/ But it adds a nice touch to the story though, I got a feeling that book lovers might hate the fact that Caspian is resorting to the White Witch to help him get back his throne though.

The next movie will be The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the 4th book after Prince Caspian. It will be featuring the older Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, and an older Prince Caspian. The director rather prefers books from the Chronicles that has intense battles in it, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment